Issue with rsync 3.0.0 and iconv

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Mar 25 17:58:22 GMT 2008

On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 07:54:09PM +0100, Sergi Baila wrote:
> 2008/03/23 19:27:37 [3760] received request to transfer non-regular file: 86300 [sender]

OK: thanks to Sergi's off-list debug info, I've fixed the problem.  It
was caused by a name that failed to convert on the sending side, and
that failure caused the file-list on the sender and the receiver to get
out of sync.  The new code properly discards the file from the sender's
file list (marking the transfer as incomplete), and should otherwise
complete normally.

The latest git-repository version and nightly tar file have this fix
committed.