rsync errors

Kaushal Shriyan kaushalshriyan at gmail.com
Tue Mar 25 17:51:33 GMT 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 10:12 PM, Paul Slootman <paul+rsync at wurtel.net>
wrote:

> On Tue 25 Mar 2008, Kaushal Shriyan wrote:
> >
> > I am running the command
> >
> > /usr/bin/rsync -avO /var/lib/mysql sms at hostaa:/var/lib/ >
> > /tmp/rsync-${TIMESTAMP}.log 2>&1
> >
> > I am getting the below error in the log file
> >
> > mysql/
> > rsync: failed to set permissions on "/var/lib/mysql": Operation not
> > permitted (1)
>
> Does the "sms" user on hostaa have permission to set permissions on
> /var/lib/mysql? I would guess not, that's probably owned by the "mysql"
> user... That's the cause of your error.
>

> Paul Slootman
> --

hi

Thanks Paul Slootman

How do i  set the "sms" user on hostaa to have permission to set permissions
on
/var/lib/mysql?

I have given  #setfacl -R -m u:sms:rwx /var/lib/mysql on hostaa
                  #setfacl -R -m g:sms:rwx /var/lib/mysql on hostaa

Please let me know if there is anything else to be done

Thanks and Regards

Kaushal