[root@84-45-228-40.no-dns-yet.enta.net: Cron <chris@home> rsync -r --exclude /In/ --exclude /Lirsync error message that I don't understand

Chris G cl at isbd.net
Tue Mar 25 12:24:21 GMT 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 12:41:25PM +0100, Paul Slootman wrote:
> On Tue 25 Mar 2008, Chris G wrote:
>
> > I'm getting this error message and I don't really understand what
> > rsync is trying to tell me:-
> >
> >     rsync: link_stat "/rdiffBackup/gradwell/Mail/." failed: No such file or directory (2)
> >     rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(977) [sender=2.6.9]
> >
> > Can anyone explain what it's saying please.  /rdiffBackup/gradwell/Mail/
> > does exist and is readable by the user running rsync.
> >
> > Oh, this is rsync 3.0.0 and the command line is:-
> >
> >     rsync -r --exclude /In/ --exclude /Li/ --exclude /Tm/ /rdiffBackup/gradwell/Mail/ /home/chris/MailArchive
>
> Does /rdiffBackup/gradwell/Mail/ exist below /home/chris/MailArchive/ ?

No:-

    chris$ ls /home/chris/MailArchive/
    boating  friends   holidays   isbd     money     selling software  vehicles
    family   garden    houseHome  jobs     personal  sentmail telecoms  work
    france   hardware  internet   leisure  riding    shopping  trimble

    chris$ ls /rdiffBackup/gradwell/Mail/
    In  Tm       family  friends  hardware  houseHome  isbd  leisure personal  selling   software  vehicles
    Li  boating  france  garden   holidays  internet   jobs  money riding    shopping  telecoms  work

--
Chris Green