Mailing list replies (was: Bad habits)

Stuart Halliday StuartH at ecs-tech.com
Tue Mar 25 09:42:36 GMT 2008

> On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 11:09:57AM +0000, Stuart Halliday wrote:
> > Is it just me or a lot of people on this mailing list got into a bad
> habit
> > of also carbon copying to the poster as well?
>
> I always send the mail to the person I am replying to and Cc the list.
> This is not a bad habit, but what I consider the right thing to do.

As in all things in the real world doing the 'right thing' doesn't work
for all people.

> The list software has a "nodups" setting (that is on by default) which
> removes the mailing-list copy if your address is listed in the To or Cc
> field.  I see that your subscription has this flag set, so if you are
> getting duplicates, I wonder if it is because your email address does
> not exactly match (due to the list version being all lower-case)?

No that is not the case. I'm getting duplicates because people like
yourself are sending my a CC!

Is it so hard to not do this for people who don't want extra copies?
:-))

--
Stuart Halliday

This email is the property of ECS Technology Ltd.
This company is registered in Scotland with company number 212513.
VAT registered GB 761 7456 12
http://www.ecs-tech.com/