Bad habits

Stuart Halliday StuartH at ecs-tech.com
Thu Mar 20 16:02:47 GMT 2008

> > Why are non members even allowed to post to the list?
>
> Why shouldn't they be?  In my view, subscription to the list just
> indicates a personal preference to receive all the mail because one
> wishes to either help others or stay informed of rsync-related
> happenings.  There's no reason why people who have one question but
> aren't otherwise interested in rsync should be forced to subscribe.

Ok, I see your point of view on this.

It's opposite to mine.  ;-)

If a person wants to post to the list, let them subscribe.
They can always unsubscribe easily enough.

99% of mailing lists and forums work that way I've found.

--
Stuart Halliday

This email is the property of ECS Technology Ltd.
This company is registered in Scotland with company number 212513.
VAT registered GB 761 7456 12
http://www.ecs-tech.com/