Suggestions for basic rsync configuration

Peter Heiss pete.heiss at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 14:04:20 GMT 2008

I figured out the ssh error. Although I am still unable to connect to the
remote host with the rsync daemon. Here is the error that I am getting
again:

# rsync -zav --progress root@<remote-server-ip>::realperson
/random/file-or-directory
rsync: failed to connect to <remote-server-ip>: Connection timed out (110)
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(104)
[receiver=2.6.9]

I have set up the daemon on the remote machine and I have ran "rsync
--daemon" to start up the daemon server. I also have enabled the rsync
server on the firewall. I also want to restate that I am reconfiguring rsync
on a previously new installed system, and the ssh errors are fixed. What am
I still missing?

-----
Computers are like air conditioners. They both dont work, if you open
windows.