Bad habits

Stuart Halliday StuartH at ecs-tech.com
Thu Mar 20 12:46:05 GMT 2008

> On Thursday 20 March 2008, Stuart Halliday wrote:
> > Is it just me or a lot of people on this mailing list got into a bad
> habit
> > of also carbon copying to the poster as well?
>
> sounds normal to me

Hardly.

Mailing lists send one email of new posts to each member under normal
conditions. They don't send two!

People are manually adding CC headers for some reason when they're posting
to the list.

My own postings don't get to me twice and they don't contain a CC header.

IF some people have switched off the list for some reason, then they're
hardly likely to want further emails surely!

> you're assuming everyone knows the mailing list policy

Netiquette is fast becoming a dead art because admin and Mods of forums
and lists don't enforce basic standards.

I run a fair few mailing lists and have done so for 30 years and
Netiquette is a major part of the charter my members have to read and
accept to be members. Top posters are taken out and shot at dawn! :-)

--
Stuart Halliday

This email is the property of ECS Technology Ltd.
This company is registered in Scotland with company number 212513.
VAT registered GB 761 7456 12
http://www.ecs-tech.com/