Bad habits

Mike Frysinger vapier at gentoo.org
Thu Mar 20 11:31:31 GMT 2008

On Thursday 20 March 2008, Stuart Halliday wrote:
> Is it just me or a lot of people on this mailing list got into a bad habit
> of also carbon copying to the poster as well?

sounds normal to me

> I subscribe to this mailing list. Why send me a duplicate copy? I get more
> than enough email thank you...

most mailing lists detect such duplicates automatically and dont send out in
such cases

> Personally I like mailing list correspondence kept to the list.

you're assuming everyone knows the mailing list policy and assumes everyone is
subscribed to the list and receiving replies ... often times lists are
flexible and dont require people to be actively receiving mails
-mike