rsync Windows UNC

Stuart Halliday StuartH at ecs-tech.com
Wed Mar 19 16:30:21 GMT 2008

You're using the wrong path format for cwrsync in the rsyncd.conf file

It needs to be in cygwin format.

ie

path = /cygdrive/c/windows/

or

path = /cygdrive/z/

if it was a network drive of z:\

I don't think the basic cwrsync will support UNC paths. So I suggest you
mount a drive to a network share, then run the rsync script then dismount
the drive letter.

Basically the 'net use ...' and 'net use ... /Delete' commands

Works for me on Windows 2003 R2 SP2
:-)

P.S.
Watch out for the path and file name limitation with using cygwin/Rsync on
Windows systems as it's basically ham-strung limited to 256 characters due
to cygwin still supporting Windows 98. I kid you not...

--
Stuart Halliday