Do we need excluded_below?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Mar 18 18:51:41 GMT 2008

On Sun, Mar 09, 2008 at 08:24:53PM -0400, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> I propose removing excluded_below.  This would only make daemons that
> are already insecure more glaringly so, and it would have the benefits
> of simplifying the code and making any weaknesses in the daemon-exclude
> checking more likely to be discovered.

I decided to fix some of the problems with daemon exclusions instead.  I
also simplified the exclude code in the generator so that it shares some
of the missing_below code instead of having its own, duplicative,
excluded_below variables.

The latest version in the git repository has thwarted my attempts at
receiving or sending files inside an excluded directory.