rsync Windows UNC

Kalb Stefan stefan.kalb at mmsag.ch
Mon Mar 17 14:57:33 GMT 2008

Hello,

I try to backup files from a NAS to our backup-server using rsync.
The NAS itself is not able to run rsync.
Therefore I installed rsyncd (cwrsync 2.1.1) on a windowsserver which
has access to the NAS.
I configured the rsyncd like this:

[nspPR53_so2]
path = /172.21.87.9/nspPR53_so/material/doc
read only = true
transfer logging = yes

When connecting with the client I get the error message:
rsync rsync://172.21.87.14/nspPR53_so2
@ERROR: chdir failed
rsync error: error starting client-server protocol (code 5) at
main.c(1383) [receiver=2.6.9]

Any ideas what I'm making wrong?

Thanks,
Stefan

Multimedia Solutions AG
Stefan Kalb | Database Publishing
Dorfstrasse 29, P.O. Box | CH-8037 Zurich | Switzerland
Phone: +41 44 446 83 30 | Direct: +41 44 446 83 33 | Fax: +41 44 446 83
38
mailto:sk at mmsag.ch | Homepage: http://www.mmsag.ch

material from any computer.