untransferred files

Ming Zhang blackmagic02881 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 14 17:51:48 GMT 2008

On Fri, 2008-03-14 at 12:27 -0400, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 11:01 -0400, Ming Zhang wrote:
> > Some time rsync just return error code 23 that some files are not
> > transferred. Is there a way to get a list of these files so we can retry
> > it later time?
> >
> > For example, we scan the whole file system and N files are not
> > transferred. Instead of scan the whole file system later again, we can
> > use files-from which is much faster.
>
> Ming, the situation hasn't changed since you asked this question in
> January:
>
> http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/2008-January/019648.html
>
> Wayne, yes, the FERROR_XFER messages are printed to stderr, but they do
> not follow a common pattern, and some (especially in acls.c) don't even
> include the name of the affected file, so getting a list of the failed
> files is nontrivial.

my poor memory. i feel this question is so familiar but just can not
figure out why ....

but i am thinking another way. rsync sender prepare a file list which
contain records for each file. so sender should be able to flag the
status about each file and when free that record, it should know exactly
about how it handled that file. then it should be able to dump it...

--
Ming Zhang

@#$%^ purging memory... (*!%
http://blackmagic02881.wordpress.com/