untransferred files

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Fri Mar 14 16:27:03 GMT 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 11:01 -0400, Ming Zhang wrote:
> Some time rsync just return error code 23 that some files are not
> transferred. Is there a way to get a list of these files so we can retry
> it later time?
>
> For example, we scan the whole file system and N files are not
> transferred. Instead of scan the whole file system later again, we can
> use files-from which is much faster.

Ming, the situation hasn't changed since you asked this question in
January:

http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/2008-January/019648.html

Wayne, yes, the FERROR_XFER messages are printed to stderr, but they do
not follow a common pattern, and some (especially in acls.c) don't even
include the name of the affected file, so getting a list of the failed
files is nontrivial.

Matt