Rsync itemizing "t" (should be "T") when lutimes fails on recreated symlink

Wayne Davison wayned at
Tue Mar 11 04:44:45 GMT 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 12:23:15AM -0400, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> When rsync recreates a destination symlink to update its target path,
> rsync will fail to preserve the time, but it nevertheless itemizes "t".

This is now fixed in the git repository along with a couple other
glitches that I turned up in the itemized output.  As a part of all the
fixing, I changed the itemized output of symlinks, devices, and special
files to put a 'c' into the checksum/change field.  This ensures that
changes that are happening show up in the itemized output and are able
to be differentiated from the copying of unchanged items when using the
--copy-dest option.


More information about the rsync mailing list