Directory with ! in filename

Rob Bosch robbosch at msn.com
Wed Mar 5 20:18:12 GMT 2008

I've been getting the error below and the only thing I can see odd about the
directory is the ! in the directory name.  That and there is a space at the
end of the text which doesn't seem like it should be there either.  There
are no permissions issues with accessing the directory and the directory
does exist.  Does anyone know if the ! will cause a problem or will rsync
escape the special character?  Is the space at the end of the quotes a
problem with the error message or is something else going on?  I'm going
from a Windows client using cygwin to a Linux receiver/server.  I'm still
using 3.0.0pre10.

rsync: opendir "/cygdrive/j/Documents and Settings/All Users/Start
Menu/Programs/ACT! 2006 " failed: No such file or directory (2)

Thanks!

Rob