Could you make the 2.6.9 source available via http again?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Wed Mar 5 01:58:36 GMT 2008

On Tue, Mar 04, 2008 at 06:25:12PM -0500, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> Wayne, this brings up a good point.  It would be nice if each source
> package had a "persistent" URL that worked whether or not the version is
> the latest

Yeah, that's a good idea.  I've organized the source (including the
latest 3.0.0 release) into the "src" dir.  The version-to-version diffs
are in the "src-diffs" dir, and preview releases are in "src-previews".
The old-* dirs still work (due to symlinks) and the latest files are
hard-linked into the same top-level dir where they've always been.
However, the web page now refers to old and new files alike via their
src subdir, so that they will remain the same as new releases happen.