rsync 3.0.0 apparently crashing when running a single-use "daemon" server process

Paul Slootman paul+rsync at wurtel.net
Tue Mar 4 17:20:21 GMT 2008

On Mon 03 Mar 2008, Wayne Davison wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 03, 2008 at 01:50:28PM -0800, Wayne Davison wrote:
> > I'll fix the NULL and look to get a test for this added.
>
> The git repository has both the fix and the extended test.
>
> Attached is just the NULL-pointer fix.

Confirmed that it now works for that case.

The other issue in the bug report is something else, but as that happens
when using 3.0.0 going to the 2.6.8 version running at rsync.net, it's
pretty impossible to debug. Apparently the remote rsync simply dies
immediately when presented with the 3.0.0 client connection.
As reproducing the setup with 3.0.0 and 2.6.8 works fine for me, I'm
going to mark it unreproducible, it's probably a problem at rsync.net.

> Thanks for your help!

I think I should be thanking you for the quick fix :)

Paul Slootman