Rsync sending complete file?

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Mon Mar 3 21:53:29 GMT 2008

On Sun, 2008-03-02 at 03:05 -0800, Some user wrote:
> (PS - I'm after doing this as a lot of my files are 2gig VM files, and I
> don't want the odd small config change to mean lots if usage on second
> drive, would rather the CPU get pushed than the HDD, CPU more convenient to
> replace lol).

If you could be more specific, I might be able to help you improve the
performance in the way you desire.  Are you keeping just one copy of the
source files on the destination, or multiple copies over time?  What
kind of "usage" of the destination disk to you want to reduce: disk I/O
traffic or space usage?

Matt