PST Rsync Issues

Jon Watson jon at xraycommunications.com
Mon Mar 3 14:29:53 GMT 2008

Hi All,

I have a 1.8GB PST file that is backed up every night from a cygwin install)
and every night rsync transfers about 1.8GB of data for that file. It
changes a bit, but for all intents and purposes the entire file is
transferred. There are other files on this system that rsync more typically,
so I'm fairly certain this isn't a switch or command error on the calling
end. I have also verified that the PST is closed at the time of backup.

I'm curious if PSTs are just un-rsyncable due to their makeup or if there is
something I can do to pare down this transfer and subsequent storage.

Any tips or ideas are welcome.

Thanks,

Jon