using rsync for mirroring: deleted files from source and kept in dest, better handling?

Rsync user 123 xoot123 at yahoo.it
Sun Mar 2 14:24:00 GMT 2008

Hello,
I'm starting to explore rsync to mirror some
directories from a disk to another locally.

If I understand it right, if I don't include any
--delete* parameter, when updating the copy, if some
files have been deleted from the source directory
they're not deleted from the destination directory.

That's exactly what I need, but I'd like those files
be treated differently, I haven't decided how yet, but
at least I'd like to know they've been deleted in the
source folder.

Is there any option I'm missing for that? Any plugin
or extension that I'm failing to find on the net or
anything?

Thanks in advance
M.