congrats!

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sun Mar 2 06:06:04 GMT 2008

On Sat, Mar 01, 2008 at 06:10:21PM -0500, Robert DuToit wrote:
> PS I did notice that we lost the bsd flags test in 3.0.

Hmm ... two items:

1. Tweak the rsync.h file to add the *_APPEND flags back to the
immutable defines (I had thought they weren't needed, but apparently
that is not the case):

#define USR_IMMUTABLE (UF_IMMUTABLE|UF_NOUNLINK|UF_APPEND)
#define SYS_IMMUTABLE (SF_IMMUTABLE|SF_NOUNLINK|SF_APPEND)

2. Add the --force-change option to your rsync invocation so that it
will override immutable flags on destination files/dirs (since that
is no longer the default).

That should get things back to where they were.