Rsync 3.0.0 released

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sat Mar 1 21:29:58 GMT 2008

Yes, it's finally that time -- rsync 3.0.0 has been released.  This is a
feature release that also includes quite a few bug fixes.

I'd like thank everyone who participated in the development and testing
of rsync.  I hope that you enjoy this latest version!

The 3.0.0 version number is such a large bump up from 2.6.9 due to the
addition of an incremental recursion scan (which helps a lot with large
transfers) and the official arrival of several other new features,
including ACL support, extended attribute support, filename character-
set conversion, etc.

To see a full summary of the changes since 2.6.9, visit this link:

    http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsync-3.0.0pre10-NEWS

You can download the source tar file and its signature from here:

    http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsync-3.0.0.tar.gz
    http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsync-3.0.0.tar.gz.asc

The patches directory was released in a separate tar file (optional):

    http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsync-patches-3.0.0.tar.gz
    http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsync-patches-3.0.0.tar.gz.asc