Rsync 3.0.3pre3 released
wayned at samba.org
Mon Jun 23 03:01:20 GMT 2008
I have made rsync 3.0.3pre3 available for release testing. This is another
bug-fix release, with the only "enhancements" being made to the manpages and
These are the changes that have happened since 3.0.3pre2:
- Fixed the sending of xattr directory information when the code finds
a --link-dest or --copy-dest directory with unchanged xattrs -- the
destination directory now gets these unchanged xattrs properly
- Fixed an xattr-sending glitch that could cause an "Internal abbrev"
- Fixed deletion handling when copying a single, empty directory (with
no files) to a differently named, non-existent directory.
- Fixed the backing up of a device or special file into a backup dir.
- Fixed a problem with how a destination path with a trailing dot-dir
was compared against the daemon excludes.
- If a file's length is so huge that we overflow a checksum buffer
count (i.e. several hundred TB), warn the user and avoid sending an
invalid checksum struct over the wire.
- If a source arg is excluded, --relative no longer adds the excluded
arg's implied dirs to the transfer. This fix also made the exclude
check happen in the better place in the sending code.
- Improved the code to better handle a system that has only 32-bit
- Improved the daemon tests, including checking module comments, the
listing of files, and the ensuring that daemon excludes can't affect
a dot-dir arg.
- Improved some build rules for those that build in a separate
directory from the source, including better install rules for the
man pages, and the fixing of a proto.h-tstamp rule that could make
the binaries get rebuild without cause.
- Improved the testsuite to work around a problem with some utilities
(e.g. cp -p & touch -r) rounding sub-second timestamps.
To see a full summary of the changes since 3.0.2, visit this link:
You can download the source tar file and its signature from here:
The patches directory is now in a separate tar file (for those that want it):
See the rsync homepage for more links, e.g. manpages & diffs:
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Size: 189 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/attachments/20080622/29b4ef55/attachment.bin
More information about the rsync