iptables rule for rsync

David Favor david at davidfavor.com
Sat Jun 7 11:52:28 GMT 2008

Faisal Ashraf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Well David it worked after stopping the iptables.. Now  what would be
> the rule for iptabels  to allow rsync.
>
> I am not very good with iptables help will be appreciated
>
> Thanks again for help.

First find the rsync port on your machine (probably 873)

    grep rsync /etc/services

Then find the iptables config file, which might be something
like this is your using a RedHat descendant:

    /etc/sysconfig/iptables

Look at the roles there and craft a rule similar to the others
to allow your port to be open *only between your trusted machines".

Good luck!

--
Love feeling your best ever, all day, every day?
Click http://RadicalHealth.com/join for the easy way.