rsync error after server restore

Manuel Kissoyan manuel at kissoyan.com.ar
Wed Jun 4 20:25:06 GMT 2008

Hi,

We have this backup server running for a long time without problem, it
run the rsync command from cron and connect to many other servers geting
the files from those servers.
One of these servers crashed a week before and we restored it, since
then the rsync that connect to this server is giving the following erro
after it get some files:

rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(233)
[sender=3.0.0pre2]
_exit_cleanup(code=30, file=io.c, line=233): about to call exit(30)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (83654700 bytes received so far)
[receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(596)
[receiver=3.0.0pre2]
_exit_cleanup(code=12, file=io.c, line=596): about to call exit(12)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (14185 bytes received so far)
[generator]
rsync error: timeout in data send/receive (code 30) at io.c(596)
[generator=3.0.0pre2]
_exit_cleanup(code=12, file=io.c, line=596): about to call exit(30)

We have installed the same version as we had before the crash, is a
Centos 5 64 bit. and the rsync version is rsync  version 3.0.0pre2
protocol version 30.PR10

Wondering what could cause the error.

Thank you in advance!

Manuel