rsync-3.0.2 -- two build problems

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Wed Jun 4 15:32:05 GMT 2008

On Mon, Jun 02, 2008 at 07:31:02PM +0200, Peter Breitenlohner wrote:
> (1) With the Linux kernel >=2.6.20, "make check" occasionally fails, due to
> subsecond timestamps sometimes being truncated and sometimes being rounded
> upwards (both on i686 and x86_64).

Rsync doesn't do any rounding, so I don't know where the inconsistency
would be.  We just set the desination time based on the mtime value, and
the tls program outputs an interpretation of the mtime value.

> For rsync-3.0.2, "make check" recompiles everything (not just the special
> tools not needed otherwise), and "make install" again compiles everything.

That was only true when building in a separate dir and only if the
proto.h file was older than the newest .c file, but didn't need to be
updated.  I've fixed this in the latest source.