rsync from Windows to Linux

becca23 ronumber23 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 3 14:31:04 GMT 2008

Hello all,
I am having a problem rsyncing from windows to linux, or rather, keeping the
file permissions the way I want them. My project is basically to keep two
identical directories, one in Windows and one in Linux, mirrored, but they
must retain their user and group permissions. what rsync commands can I use
to ensure that the windows permissions do not get copied over to linux? I
have tried using the rsync command without archive mode, but no files get
transferred. BTW i am using deltacopy on the windows side and rsync 3.0 on
the linux side.