rsync-ing from two locations with same filenames (at different versions)

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Wed Jan 30 13:38:19 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-01-30 at 09:48 +0100, Mojca Miklavec wrote:
> Neither helps. Even if I have a file of differest size and with a
> different timestamp, and even if I add --checksum or --ignore-times,
> the old file in dest won't be modified (overwritten by a newer file).

I can't reproduce the problem.  I ran the script in your original
message, except I changed "b2" to "b22" and waited a few seconds before
running that line so the file would get a later mtime.  Both rsync 2.6.9
and the latest development rsync correctly replaced b.txt with the
version from new/ on the second run.  Am I missing something?

Matt