Making rsync compile under Mac OS X 10.3.9 with extended attributes

Vitorio Machado v.machado at permanence-informatique.fr
Mon Jan 28 08:07:04 GMT 2008

Thanks for all this info, it's very helpful to concentrate me on what
is to be done and not distracting with details...
Code will be much simpler with only 3 attributes to care about.
I've just looked at the osx-create-time.diff (I know, you said me to
read it many time ago...), things are much clearer on why an rsync
name for creation date and how using getattrlist. If you think this
model is ok, I will code OS X.3- in the same way to have an easier
code to read/maintain as conventions are the same.
Well, things seem to go on :)

I don't think I will have time to work on this today, but if somebody
wants, feel free to take my draft and do some work on it ( http://
shared.and.free.fr/sysxattrs_draft080127.c ). And you have maybe a
CVS or SVN thing to share the code, I'm new in collective projects
and don't really know about it, but I'm not opposed at all to create
a central repository for this mini-project of patch to OS X.3-.

Best regards,

Vitorio