Making rsync compile under Mac OS X 10.3.9 with extended attributes

Vitorio Machado v.machado at permanence-informatique.fr
Sun Jan 27 19:35:37 GMT 2008

Hi people,
I've decided to implement resource fork from the carbon API. The code
is not ready at all, but I've made a draft here: http://
shared.and.free.fr/sysxattrs_draft080127.c
So all metadata attribute that can be accessed with getattrlist will
be (finder info, flags, permissions, dates, etc).
And particularly for the resource fork, that hopelessly can't be
accessed this way, I'll implement it with the carbon framework.
With something like this:
1) open the resource fork giving all args needed for the FSOpenFork
function
2) copying the resource fork into the value buffer
3) closing all stuff correctly and giving to the upper layer the
resource fork as if it was get from the getxattr

I think things are in the right way. Comments about the carbon choice
(I've never coded something using carbon) and the begin of
implementation in the source code are as always welcome. I'm not a
pro and there is maybe a simpler way to do this. So, please don't let
me work uselessly if you know something I don't :)

Best regards,

Vitorio