Prefer -u not to change newer files.

Matthias Schniedermeyer ms at citd.de
Sun Jan 27 18:00:10 GMT 2008

On 27.01.2008 18:45, Donald Axel wrote:
> Our network is not very open, so therefore I hesitated establishing an
> SVN solution, which should be visible from anywhere. Maybe I could use
> my workstation (Linux) and just sync it to a server which is backed up.

The short answer to this is: bullshit.

SVN has several ways from client -> server.

http, https, svnserve (never used it "standalone") and plain old
svn+ssh. Or anything else that can provide a binary-safe tunnel, just
like rsync.

If you use rsync over ssh now, you could also use svn over ssh.

So there doesn't has to be anything "visible", whatever that means.

Bis denn