Making rsync compile under Mac OS X 10.3.9 with extended attributes

Robert DuToit rdutoit at capecod.net
Sat Jan 26 00:56:19 GMT 2008

Hi all,
Somewhat along the same lines, I wanted to see if rsync 3 would work
on Mac OS10.3X so I made a test partition and installed 10.3.2 on it
( no updates around). I then installed xcode 1.5 and with a fresh copy
of rsync 3.0.0pre8 and tried ./configure which worked fine. When I
tried "make" however I got the following error:

Robert-DuToits-Computer:~/rsync-3.0.0pre8 robertdutoit$ make
perl ./mkproto.pl ./*.c ./lib/compat.c
Failed to create rounding.h!
make: *** [rounding.h] Error 1

Does anyone have an idea how to make this work or if anyone has had
success with OS10.3X and rsync 3?

Thanks,  Rob DuToit