help please, updating rsync on OS X

Warren Oates warren.oates at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 15:11:12 GMT 2008

On 1/16/08, Scott Griswold <griz at hitchhiker.org> wrote:
> Hi,
> I tried using rsyncX which is a GUI front end for rsync and as it
> turns out, the installer downgraded the current version from version
> 2.6.3  protocol version 28 to version 2.6.6  protocol version 27.
> I would like to learn more about how to get a newer version of rsync
> installed. Where would be a good place for a beginner to start?
>
> Thanks Much,
> Scott G.
>

> --

You don't say what OS X you're using.  You can start here:

http://samba.anu.edu.au/rsync/download.html

I have 10.5.1 on an Intel Mac Pro, and the latest (git) versions build
clean and happpy here. Try the nightly snapshots if you can't get git
working. Rsync works best from the command line.
--
W. Oates