internal abbrev error! ?

Max Lane dev at syonlane.com
Sat Jan 12 20:29:43 GMT 2008

rsync: writefd_unbuffered failed to write 5 bytes [sender]: Broken pipe (32)
[receiver] internal abbrev error!
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at xattrs.c(565)
[receiver=3.0.0pre8]
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (51836 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(600)
[sender=3.0.0pre8]
~

On 12/01/2008, Wayne Davison <wayned at samba.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 09, 2008 at 12:22:27PM -0800, Wayne Davison wrote:
> > I have an idea of what may be the problem, and will check into it
> > soon.
>
> The latest dev version now has this fixed, including git & nightly tar
> file.  Thanks for the report!
>
> ..wayne..

I'm still getting the error with pre8 :-(