Rsync 3.0.0pre8 released

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sat Jan 12 19:19:17 GMT 2008

I've just released rsync 3.0.0pre8.  This version may be the last pre-
release before the 3.0.0 release.  Please help to test it to ensure that
we find as many bugs as we can!  Send email to the rsync mailing list
with your questions, comments, bug reports, etc.

If anyone can help out with the testing of hard-links on AIX, HP-UX, or
IRIX, please let me know.  If no one responds, that work will have to
wait for a point release.

You can download the source tar file and its signature from here:

    http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsync-3.0.0pre8.tar.gz
    http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsync-3.0.0pre8.tar.gz.asc

The patches directory was released in a separate tar file:

    http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsync-patches-3.0.0pre8.tar.gz
    http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsync-patches-3.0.0pre8.tar.gz.asc

The following changes were made since pre7 was released:

 - Fixed a potential hang problem in inc_recurse mode.

 - Fixed an xattr sending problem when requesting long xattr info
   from the sender ("internal abbrev error").

 - Fixed a bug where --remove-source-file could remove the source
   when the file was transferred successfully to a temp file, but
   not successfully renamed into place.

 - Only ignore ENOSYS errors from lutimes(), not all errors.

 - An rsync daemon now rejects a module name with a slash in it.

 - Made the creation of rounding.h work when cross-compiling.

 - Make sure the Makefile is up-to-date when compiling.

 - Configure finds iconv_open on systems where it is named libiconv_open.

To see a full summary of the changes since 2.6.9, visit this link:

    http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/rsync-3.0.0pre8-NEWS