error code 10 when using ::

Gav.... brightoncomputers at brightontown.com.au
Wed Jan 2 22:32:08 GMT 2008

Thanks everyone for your hints, I'll try and fix it later on.

The need for secure connection as pointed out is not really necessary as
they are public websites, the fact that I currently 'need' to enter root
passwords is the main concern. So going the route of SSH is the one if I
continue to need to use passwords, having an authorized_keys file (which I
have) should enable me to make it a automated process. However I think all
that is needed is to get ..

rsync -rtlzv --delete 123.456.789.000::websites /usr/local/websites

.. working without any passwords required would be ideal. I can then
restrict rsync to my ip address instead. Does the ip address restriction
work well ? will it stop the ordinary user from syncing my sites?. If
someone wants to hop on my connection and sniff the files being synced that
is not a worry if I am not needing to use passwords either end.

So, the next step is to ensure the daemon is running. The default rsync port
is listening I already checked that, I will check everything else later
today. Any other thoughts on my intentions, right, wrong ?

Thanks

Gav...