rsync+compression

Tue Jan 1 20:29:50 GMT 2008

Hi,

A recent thread here reminded me to ask a question I've been wondering
about...

Is there a way to use rsync with large COMPRESSED files? Specifically, I
have a large Quickbooks Data file (>600MB) that compresses down to about
100MB - so obviously I'd rather rsync the smaller file (this is going
over a slow wireless link). Is there any way to introduce rsync friendly
compression into the mix? So that rsync can tell the changed bytes then
compress the file and THEN rsync it to the remote target?

--

Best regards,

Charles