fileflags.diff patch

Anthony Morton amorton at fastmail.fm
Tue Feb 26 04:33:29 GMT 2008

> Hi All,
> I just tried (on OS10.5.2) the new fileflags.diff patch
> patch -p1 <patches/fileflags.diff
> patch -p1 <patches/crtimes.diff  (see result below- I fixed the
> rej's )
> then
> ./configure
> make
> then tried it out but it isn't copying the creation dates now....

I noticed there's a new nightly build - if I patch against that, I
only see the first of the rejects:

amorton$ patch -p1 <patches/crtimes.diff
patching file compat.c
Hunk #1 succeeded at 44 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #2 succeeded at 62 (offset -1 lines).
Hunk #3 FAILED at 136.
1 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file compat.c.rej

If I apply this manually, then the new rsync passes the backup-bouncer
tests.  I haven't tried it on a live backup yet.

Tony M.