Copy only the differences in other structure

Edilson Azevedo root.apropos at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 11:31:26 GMT 2008

Hi People!

 First, thanks for asking AND so sorry for my bad English. Let's go:

Like Mr. Paul say's: diff isn't appropriate for this question. The
difference between the two folders is only the necessary for me. So, the
first answer (send by Mr. Matt) may be solve my problem.

I'm testing and send the result for all.

very, very thanks!!!

2008/2/19, Paul Johnson <pauljohn32 at gmail.com>:

> On Feb 18, 2008 3:38 PM, Matt McCutchen <matt at mattmccutchen.net> wrote:
> > On Mon, 2008-02-18 at 16:17 -0300, Edilson Azevedo wrote:
> > > Directory 'foo' contain:
> > > file1
> > > file2
> > > file3
> > >
> > > Directory 'foo2' contain:
> > > file1
> > > file2
> > > file3
> > > file4
> > >
> > >  After apply the rsync, it's create this structure:
> > >
> > > Directory 'foo_diff' with the file:
> > > file4
> >
> > rsync -r --compare-dest=../foo/ foo2/ foo_diff/
> >
> > Matt
>
> Just in case people don't misunderstand the use of the word diff here,
> I don't think that will copy only the differences. It will copy the
> changed files.  If that's what the original poster wanted, OK.
>
> If you want just the changed bits of files, and not the whole files, I
> think you should look at the rdiff-backup program, which does keep the
> differences between editions in separate files.
>
> pj
>
> --
> Paul E. Johnson
> Professor, Political Science
> 1541 Lilac Lane, Room 504
> University of Kansas
> --

Atenciosamente,
Edilson Azevedo
(11) 3371-7066
(12) 8156-5590
Gtalk: root.apropos at gmail.com
Skype: apropos.consultoria

'Dear God I've sealed my fate running through hell, heaven can wait'.