Rsync itemizing "p" even when -p, -E are off

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Mon Feb 18 18:26:21 GMT 2008

On Sat, Feb 16, 2008 at 12:51:45PM -0500, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> what was the specific rationale for removing the condition?

I recall thinking that the condition was superfluous for most cases (due
to how we cache the local permissions when preserving is off), and that
I wanted to see when 'p' would pop in the output (indicating that a
permission change had unexpectedly happened).  Since you've shown that
this can be confusing in the link-dest case, I'll change it back.

> A second issue: the logic in "unchanged_attrs" needs to be extended so
> that an executability difference disqualifies hard links when -E is on.

Thanks, that should be fixed now.