Making rsync compile under Mac OS X 10.3.9 with extended attributes

Vitorio Machado v.machado at permanence-informatique.fr
Thu Feb 14 22:38:56 GMT 2008

Hmmm, yes, I need to remove the dot:
  darwin[[0-38-9]]*) should do it, no?

Otherwise, I'm looking about how to compile Carbon code. It seems
that it will be portable to 10.1 or 10.2 because instead of:
  -I /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.0.sdk/Developer/Headers/CFMCarbon/

It seems that we only need to put
-framework Carbon

With this I resolved the header conflict problem, but it doesn't
recognise types that should be defined by Carbon framework, like
FSIORefNum. I'm still investigating what are the correct parameters
to put in gcc. How I didn't find much documentation about it, I'm
trying to reverse engineering XCode. Opening Carbon example projects
and trying to find gcc options in the compiler log to see what's
used. Maybe with some luck tomorrow I find a clue...

As always, I'm not working alone, if someone who reads this have some
knowledge to share, just do it :)

Have a nice evening,

Vitorio