Making rsync compile under Mac OS X 10.3.9 with extended attributes

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Thu Feb 14 19:02:54 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 22:13 +0100, LaG' wrote:
> 1) Patched ACL configure.in (don't know if I did it the right way) to
> don't say it can use ACL on a Panther system.
> Changed
> !     darwin*)
> !     darwin[[0-38-9]].*)

Presumably versions 10 and greater of darwin will support ACLs, but that
pattern doesn't match them.  Also, I don't think there's a need to match
versions 0 through 3.  Try this:

darwin[[89]].*|darwin[[1-9]][[0-9]]*)

The first pattern matches versions 8 and 9, and the second matches any
version with two or more digits before the first dot.

Matt