RSYNC all Directories

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Wed Feb 13 15:24:56 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-02-13 at 10:18 -0500, Brady Edwards wrote:
> This is our Live DPN database and I do not want to run an RSYNC command
> during business hours.  I have setup a cron job for this to run on
> Saturdays.  All the days through the week I am only backing up a single
> directory from the root and everything under it and it works great.  I'm
> just not able to get all of the directories from the root to backup.  All
> the permissions are the same and owners are the same.

OK, so when you are ready to run rsync, post the -vv output and the
destination listing.  If I knew of some common reason why rsync would
erratically skip directories, I would mention it now, but I don't, so
I'll just wait until I can see what your scenario is and try to find out
what is going on.

Matt