Making rsync compile under Mac OS X 10.3.9 with extended
matt at mattmccutchen.net
Wed Feb 13 02:26:24 GMT 2008
On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 15:24 +0100, Vitorio Machado wrote:
> I'm trying to figure out how to modify the makefile to say to compile
> sysxattrs.c with the -I /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.3.9.sdk/Developer/
> in the case of HAVE_PRE_TIGER_OSX_ATTRS is true.
> Is somebody skilled on makefile to give me some help?
I did some work on top of your rsync10.3xattr_support080211 files. I
added code to configure.in and Makefile.in that should get the
appropriate -I option passed for lib/sysxattrs.c in the case of
HAVE_PRE_TIGER_OSX_ATTRS. You can modify the option in configure.in if
necessary. I put * instead of 3.9 to try to make the option work on
pre-Tiger systems other than 10.3.9.
I also think I figured out why the configure script was refusing to
enable HAVE_PRE_TIGER_OSX_ATTRS. First, every time you change
configure.in, you need to run "autoconf -o configure.sh" to update
configure.sh (the underlying configure script for which ./configure is a
simple wrapper). The ./configure wrapper will invoke autoconf to
generate configure.sh if it doesn't exist, but once it exists, you have
to regenerate it yourself as necessary. Second, the  characters in
"darwin[4-7]*" in configure.in are recognized by autoconf as quoting
characters and stripped out, so configure.sh says "darwin4-7*" , which
obviously won't match. I changed configure.in to say "darwin[[4-7]]*" ;
autoconf strips only the outer pair to leave the desired "darwin[4-7]*"
I also neatened up the code in other places and finished your strncpy
call. A patch with my proposed changes on top of your files is
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 4534 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.samba.org/archive/rsync/attachments/20080212/dfd6827f/rsync10.3xattr_support.matt20080212.bin
More information about the rsync