Rsync to a Read Only file system

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Wed Feb 13 02:11:03 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-02-12 at 20:31 +0100, smokin.jake at mac.com wrote:
> The destination file system is  Read Only, but RSYNC takes the time
> and looks as if the transfer is happening, but of course it is not.
> I would like RSYNC to terminate as soon as it knows its destination
> is Read only.

I'm not convinced that it's worth adding code to rsync to second-guess a
filesystem misconfiguration.  If the filesystem backing
root at slug::Downloads is always mounted read-only, you should just set
"read only = yes" for the module in the daemon configuration; then
pushes will abort immediately.

Matt