Rsync 3.0.0pre9 released

Robert DuToit rdutoit at capecod.net
Mon Feb 11 12:25:43 GMT 2008

Ditto on good results for OSX!

One thing I noticed though. I tried -b (--backup) and noticed that the
suffix "~"  gets added to pre-xisting files as expected but if the
file is a package or application it gets added to all the resource
files inside the package and renders it unusable. Certain files like a
text file with .rtf file ending get their extension changed to .rtf~
also rendering them unusable. Just an observation. Mac OSX sees these
packages as folders thus the screwy behavior. Is there a way on OSX to
add the suffix to the file name and not to the extension? Thanks,  Rob D