using rsync to move files - need "--delete-from-source" option

Aleksey Tsalolikhin atsaloli.tech at gmail.com
Fri Feb 8 03:06:50 GMT 2008

Hi.  I need to move some files over the network.

This is "In" folder synchornization, so they need to disappear from
source once they are moved.

Because of trust issues, these files must be pulled, not pushed.
(Sucked into the internal network from the DMZ).

It'd be slick if I could rsync them and then have them rsync delete
the original files.

Maybe that's outside rsync's scope... but it'd make this already
powerful tool even more useful.  Just thought I'd mention it.

Best,
Aleksey