Windows 2003 Cygwin Netapp remote filesystem

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Tue Dec 23 20:00:12 GMT 2008

On Tue, 2008-12-23 at 12:55 -0700, Michael Chletsos wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 12:50 PM, Matt McCutchen <matt at mattmccutchen.net> wrote:
> > On Tue, 2008-12-23 at 12:39 -0700, Michael Chletsos wrote:
> >> Amongst various problems I am having, I am trying to run an rsync
> >> daemon on a windows 2003 server with cygwin installed.
> >>
> >> It works fine, except that I can't seem to get the daemon to chdir to
> >> any file that is remotely mounted from my Netapp.
> >>
> >> Other windows shares or local disks chdir just fine.  very weird.
> >>
> >> I think it has something to do with the automapping of shares in cygwin.
> >
> > I wonder if you are writing the NetApp share path correctly for Cygwin.
> > Does "ls -l" on the path work in the Cygwin shell?  Does a local rsync
> > to or from a NetApp-mounted directory work?
> >
> > You might be able to get more help from the cwRsync forum, even though
> > you aren't using cwRsync itself, since that community is knowledgeable
> > about rsync on Cygwin:
> >
> > http://www.itefix.no/i2/forum/41
>
> yes ls -l /cygdrive/h/ works
>
> I will try the cwRsync forum also.

One more thing to check: is the daemon running as a user that has
permission to access the share?  (I'm not familiar with the details of
Cygwin permissions, but that's one reason I thought of why "ls" might
work but an rsync daemon wouldn't.)

What error message do you get in the daemon's log?  (You may need to
specify a "log file" in the configuration if you haven't already.)

--
Matt