Backing up Outlook pst files

MW rsync at urmel.demon.co.uk
Tue Dec 16 19:34:13 GMT 2008

Hi - I'm backing up a Windows client which has a number of Outlook
mail archives (pst files) and annoyingly whenever you open Outlook it
updates the modification dates of all pst files - even if you don't
change any of the emails contained in the archive.

What's the best way of backing up these files without having them fill
up my backup disk with mostly identical copies of these files. I guess
I could use the --checksum option or is there a better way?

BTW, I'm using rsync 3.0.4 on a Mac OS X (Leopard) machine and the
Windows client is running XP.

Cheers
Michael