rsync 2.6.5

Matt McCutchen matt at mattmccutchen.net
Sat Dec 13 06:26:18 GMT 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-08 at 16:56 +0530, Deepak K Sharma1 wrote:
>             Currently we are using rsync 2.0 in our system to take
> backup.  But it gives an error when it comes to our one of the folder
> which has very huge data(50 GB).
> We got to know that rsync 2.0 is not capable of transfering large
> amount of data and we were asked to upgrade the version. Now we have
> got an option to install rsync 2.6.5.
>
> Can you please let me know if rsync 2.6.5 can handle the large(50 GB)
> amount of data.

I suggest that you go right to the latest stable version of rsync,
3.0.4, if at all possible.  It has lots of bug fixes as well as an
incremental recursion mode that might help if your 50 GB is spread out
over many files.  If you still get an error after upgrading, post the
specific error message and we can look into it.

--
Matt